Amsterdam Art is on the lookout for enthusiastic volunteers to make the annual Amsterdam Art Week a success.
The exciting tenth edition of Amsterdam Art Week will take place from 11 to 15 May 2022. Since the first edition in 2012, Amsterdam Art has been committed to strengthen Amsterdam’s position as a leading centre for international contemporary art talent. This reaches its pinnacle during Amsterdam Art Week. Together with 35 prominent galleries and a selection of museums, residencies and project spaces, Amsterdam Art presents a vibrant week full of openings, open studios, artist talks, debates, performances, film screenings, gallery tours and parties. As a key partner from the very beginning, the Rijksakademie’s Open Studios is once again an essential part of Amsterdam Art Week 2022.
What about you?
Do you have an interest in contemporary art, want to be at the center of what Amsterdam has to offer and able to work a minimum of three shifts of 4 to 5 hours between the 11th – 15th of May? Then we are looking for you!
You’ll assist us with a wide range of activities all around Amsterdam. From being a host at our information desk(s), helping out the production team, taking care of the visitors survey to giving gallery tours as an Art Guide throughout the city offering our visitors and (young) professionals a dynamic cultural experience.
Information desk host
You will be based at one of our multiple information desks across the city, welcoming visitors, handling guestlists for specific events at our venues, as well as acting as a key information point for visitors throughout The Art Week.
Whilst working at the information desk(s) and throughout the week, you will also be assisting in gathering visitor feedback as a part of our Amsterdam Art Week 2022 visitor survey so we can continue to develop and improve Amsterdam Art Week.
You will assist with meeting, greeting, and providing detailed information about the Art Week programme, as well as information about the exhibitions throughout the city, all of which you will be well prepared for.
We offer different guided tours for the public, the professionals and taylormade (inter)national groups. This is for those who are interested in the art world and would like to host tours for our visitors throughout the week.
We offer a training session in which you will learn key tour tips as well as extensive background information about the exhibitions in the city – some tours will be led by bike!
Previous experience in a similar role is a bonus but not a requirement. Guides will be needed from Thursday 12 May 2022.
What we offer:
● Art Guides will receive financial compensation.
● An Amsterdam Art training session detailing the contemporary art scene in Amsterdam, background information about the Art Week exhibitions, and more information about leading a successful tour.
● The opportunity to gain practical experience as a tour guide and/or (gallery) host, as well as to expand your network in the cultural sector.
● The art guides participating in the Young Professionals Night are also invited to join the Young Professionals Party afterwards.
● All volunteers are invited to join the party at Het HEM on Friday night 13 May (and we need volunteers to help!)
● All Amsterdam Art Week volunteers will receive an Amsterdam Art goodie bag and the valuable experience of working for a dynamic art event.
To apply as a volunteer, send us a short introduction about yourself and your CV to email@example.com