Amsterdam Art is looking for talented and enthusiastic volunteers to make Amsterdam Art Week 2023 a success.
Amsterdam Art is committed to strengthening Amsterdam’s position as an international hub for contemporary art. This culminates during the annual Amsterdam Art Week. Together with 50+ leading galleries, museums, residencies and project spaces, Amsterdam Art presents a vibrant week full of openings, artist talks, performances, screenings, gallery visits and open studios.
Are you interested in art, do you feel like making Amsterdam Art Week a success and are you available between 31 May and 4 June? Then we are looking for you!
Being a volunteer during Amsterdam Art Week means assisting us with all kinds of activities throughout the city of Amsterdam.
Host: Giving detailed information and providing excellent service to guests. Helping to maintain the guest list.
Art Guide: Giving tours for the public, professionals and (inter)national groups. We offer training where you will learn important tour tips and extensive background information on the exhibitions.
What we offer:
- Art Guides receive financial compensation.
- Background information on the exhibitions and information on how to give a good
- The opportunity to gain practical experience in the art world and expand your network in the cultural sector.
- The opportunity to add the position as an Amsterdam Art Week Art Guide or Host to your CV.
- The opportunity to be included in the Art Guide & Host network of Amsterdam
- The valuable experience of working for a dynamic art event.
- Access to the Amsterdam Art Week party in ISO on Saturday night 3 June.
Apply by sending your CV + motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amsterdam Art Work Experience – VIP Programme
We offer a part-time partially full-time work experience position on behalf of Amsterdam Art Week’s VIP programme. This position will give you an insight into Amsterdam’s contemporary art scene, with an international focus. We are looking for someone to join our team between 3 April – 19 May for two days a week and full-time during Amsterdam Art Week (22 May – 4 June).
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting VIP Relations Manager in all-round activities – Answering emails VIP inbox
- Maintaining VIP database
- Assist in setting up VIP events
The work experience is carried out on a voluntary basis, with a small financial compensation; we offer a cosy office in Amsterdam, lunch and of course access to all events for you and a few of your friends during Amsterdam Art Week.
- You are 18 years or older;
- You are enthusiastic, driven and accurate and have a sense of hospitality;
- This position requires a good knowledge of Dutch and English;
- We find it important that our team is diverse and inclusive and strive to be a
reflection of society. Everyone is welcome at Amsterdam Art!
- Experience in contemporary art is not a requirement.
Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and enjoy seeing various projects come to life in practice? Are you curious and do you have an affinity with art, relationship management and events? Then apply quickly with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com stating Werkervaringsplek VIP programma.